Publication date: May 23, 2018
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The following categories of personal data will be collected about you in connection with this policy:
- Personal data you provide: this information includes your first name, last name, E-mail address and phone number. We can collect this information about you, ONLY if you voluntarily choose to provide it yourself (for example: when you communicate with us, or while submitting certain forms in or through the Web Site).
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve your user experience and Web Site operation. It is in our legitimate business interests to continue to maintain our product and service offering to individuals in order to keep running our business;
- To send you information which you have requested from us about our products. We send you information about services you use because it is in our legitimate interest to do so;
- To send you communications and administrative emails and to provide users with further information and updates with regards to CAESARSTONE’s products, technology, etc, but only where you consent to do so, or where you have not objected to being contacted for these reasons (as applicable);
- To send you newsletter and/or marketing messages relating to any of CAESARSTONE products (collectively, "Marketing Massage(s)"), but only when you consent to do so. We may do this electronically, for example by email. You may tell us at any time if you do not wish to receive Marketing Message from us by contacting us through our online contact form, available at Contact Us and by following any instructions we may include in the message we send to you. For example, a STOP message will appear at the foot of marketing text or email messages we send you;
- For analytics research purposes. We do this to pursue our legitimate interests to understand if our services are helpful to you and to evaluate the effectiveness of any updates we provide;
- To prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Terms of Sale, establishing your use of the Web Site and performing activities through the Web Site, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Web Site, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law. We do this as we are required by applicable law, and/or in our legitimate interest in protecting the security and integrity of our services and Web Site; and/or
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our services from time to time. If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that set out above, we will provide you with information prior to such processing, and will obtain your consent where necessary.
- DISCLOSING OF ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES
We share your personal data with other companies or individuals as follows:
- Third parties who provide a service to CAESARSTONE, such as with vendors that assist CAESARSTONE in sending email, marketing and customer service (including their sub-contractors), on the understanding that they will keep the information confidential. When we transfer your personal data to these vendors, we make use of standard contractual clauses which have been approved by the European Commission;
- Any of CAESARSTONE subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with CAESARSTONE, in which case CAESARSTONE will require them to honor this policy. Additionally, in the event CAESARSTONE goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal data may be among the assets transferred; and
- Third parties to whom you ask CAESARSTONE to send personal data.
If we transfer your information in accordance with condition (i) and (iv) aforementioned, we will make sure that the transferees agree to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to your information and, where appropriate, to use your information strictly in accordance with our instructions. These recipients are located in Israel, which ensures an adequate level of protection, in accordance with Commission Decision of 31 January 2011.
- THIRD PARTIES’ PRACTICES
This section does not cover the information practices exercised by other providers of products or services, advertisers or other web-sites, or companies/people that CAESARSTONE does not own or control, or does not employ or manage. CAESARSTONE would like to emphasize that CAESARSTONE is not and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites to which it may link or websites that link to CAESARSTONE’s Web Site.
- SECURITY PRECAUTIONS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We are committed to use our best efforts to maintaining the security of your personal data. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use our best efforts to protect the security of your personal data and our system, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, no transmission via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond CAESARSTONE’s control, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute security of the information that you transmit to or through our Web Site. Therefore, you assume that risk by using the Web Site.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. Please note that there are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information. You are entitled to see the personal data held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Accuracy: We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or changes, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date.
- Objecting: In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal data. If you would like us to stop using your personal data, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
- Porting: You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Erasure: You have the right to ask for erasure of your personal data when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other cases, your personal data have been unlawfully processed, subject to Section 8 below.
- Complaints: If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint the applicable supervisory authority or to seek a remedy through the courts.
You can exercise any of the abovementioned rights by contacting us through our online contact form, available at: Contact Us.
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear whether the personal data we are asking for must be supplied so that we can provide the services to you, or whether the supply of any personal data we ask for is optional.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for as long as we believe it necessary or desirable to fulfil our business purposes or to comply with applicable law, audit requirements, regulatory requests or orders from competent courts.
- GOVERNING LAW
- CONTACT US