Caesarstone 25-year Limited Residential Warranty
Terms and Conditions
1. Caesarstone (UK) Ltd. ("Caesarstone") gives the following Warranty to you in respect of your installed Caesarstone Quartz Slabs (the “Product”), subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
2. This Warranty is effective as of January 1, 2017 and applies only to Caesarstone Products, which contain Product information on the back, were installed by a qualified and certified fabricator of Caesarstone and paid in full.
3. Subject to the terms and conditions herein, Caesarstone guarantees the owner of the installed Product, that the Product will remain free from defects arising from the manufacture of the Product, for a period of 25 years from the date of installation. Please note that fabrication of the Product, installation and workmanship and any defect or damage resulted thereof are not covered under this Warranty.
4. Please verify your choice of colour and finish prior to finalizing the purchase. Any changes to your choice are not covered under this Warranty.
5. In the event that a manufacturing defect is found in the Product, Caesarstone will, at its sole discretion, repair, replace or provide a refund for such Product. Caesarstone will seek to obtain the best possible result if repairing or replacing the Product. However, exact colour and design match is never guaranteed.
6. You are required to register your Product within thirty (30) days following receiving the product in order to activate this Warranty. Simply complete the online form available at: www.caesarstone.co.uk/customer-service/warranty. In the event that no record of your Warranty is on file, in order to receive service under this Warranty you will be required to provide proof of purchase in the form of a copy of your original receipt or invoice, showing the name of the owner of the residence and the name of the fabricator/installer.
7. To request service under this Warranty you are required to notify Caesarstone, through the company who sold you the Product or directly to Caesarstone at: 0800-1588088 or email@example.com, within thirty (30) days of discovering the failure.
9. Upon receipt of your Warranty claim, Caesarstone will fully honour this Warranty subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
10. You will be required to cooperate with Caesarstone or its authorized agents in the inspection of the Product and assist us in efforts to perform our obligations under this Warranty.
11. The Warranty applies to the original owner of the Product that has been permanently installed in a single family residence. In the case of a newly constructed single-family residence bought from a contractor with the Product installed, this Warranty is applicable to the first occupier-owner.
12. The Warranty can be transferred in the event that the residence is sold, provided that the original owner submits to Caesarstone in writing the name and details of the owner to whom the residence was sold, with sufficient evidence thereof.
13. All decisions regarding this Warranty are at the sole discretion of Caesarstone and shall be final and binding on all parties. No representative, dealer, salesperson, distributor, fabricator, installer or any other person is authorized to make any Warranty or promises on behalf of Caesarstone with respect to Caesarstone Products.
14. In any event, Caesarstone’s total liability under this Warranty is and will be solely limited to the purchase price of the Product (according to Caesarstone's applicable price list), and will not include any transportation costs, or fabrication costs, or installation costs or any other associated charges for tradespersons, costs of removal or replacement of the existing Product (including without limiting any costs related to plumbing, electrics, or other similar activities necessary to complete the replacement or removal of the defective Product or any damage caused as a result thereof to tiling, cabinets, flooring, etc.).
15. Caesarstone shall not be responsible in either contract or tort for any loss of direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or punitive damages arising out of or associated with the use or the inability to use the Products covered by this Warranty.
16. Laws and building safety codes governing the design, engineering and construction of installations vary widely. Caesarstone assumes no responsibility or obligations with respect to the selection of Products and/or their fitness for the installation or the design, engineering and construction of the installation.
17. What is not included in the Warranty:
(i) Any defect in, or damage to the Product arising from any work done by any person other than Caesarstone.
(ii) Defects in the installed Product that were visible by the fabricator at the time of fabrication and/or installation. Fabricators are required to perform a visual inspection of all materials prior to fabrication and again prior to installation.
(iii) Seam appearance or seam performance, adhesives, caulk or other installation materials.
(iv) Damage caused by thermoforming or bending the Product.
(v) Damage caused by securing mechanical fasteners directly into the Product.
(vi) Products that have been milled or reduced in thickness.
(vii) Failures due to inadequate support for the installation, including overhangs in excess of the recommendations provided by Caesarstone.
(viii) The altering of any of Caesarstone's factory-applied finishes: Only colours listed as available in the Caesarstone brochure, sample book or website as “honed” are eligible as "honed" finishing, which is covered under this Warranty. Any issues arising from “in-shop” honing are the sole responsibility of the fabricator.
Temporary marks that are common to honed finishes such as metal marks, fingerprints or other signs of daily living. To receive coverage under this Warranty for a honed product, a signed “Special Care Considerations for Caesarstone Honed Finishes” form, available at www.caesarstone.co.uk, must be submitted by the owner of the installed Product with the Warranty registration to Caesarstone.
(ix) Any defect in, or damage to, the Product which results from not being cleaned or maintained strictly in accordance with the Caesarstone online Care & Maintenance Guide; and minor conditions such as stains and water spots that may be corrected by following the techniques specified in the Guide. Please refer to the full Caesarstone Care & Maintenance recommendations at www.caesarstone.co.uk.
(x) Cracks in the Product, including cracks emanating from a sink cut-out, hob cut-out or “L” shaped cut-out, are not a manufacturing defect and therefore not covered under this Warranty. Please note that cracking is usually the result of externally induced mechanical stress on the material after installation. The most likely causes are settlement or movement, heat, or excessive weight being placed on the tops, such as standing or sitting on them.
(xi) Chipping is not a material fault, it is normally the direct result of an impact to the edge of the countertop surface; as such it is not covered by this Warranty.
(xii) Any defect in, or damage to, the Product that results from it being used for flooring or in any outdoor application, swimming pools, or any other application involving exposure of the slab to ultraviolet radiation, chemicals, flames or excessive heat (including fireplaces).
(xiii) Any defect in, or damage to, the Product that results from: mishandling or misuse of the Product (including without limiting using the Product for purposes other than its intended purposes); placing hot items including, but not limited to: hot pans, electric frying pans or oven trays directly on the slab; using materials on the Products which contain trichlorethane or methylene chloride, such as paint removers or stripper or cleaning agents which have high alkaline/pH levels.
(xiv) Products installed in any residence where the owner is not the occupant.
(xv) Products installed in any commercial property or in unoccupied structures. Commercial property includes, but is not limited to: stores, restaurants, rental properties, hotels, offices or any other place of business.
(xvi) Products that have been moved from the original place of installation.
(xvii) Given that Caesarstone slabs are manufactured from natural materials, each slab is unique and variations to shading, quartz distribution and reflectivity do occur and are naturally occurring characteristics of the material. Consequently, (a) the Product supplied to you may be different from marketing samples, which are indicative only; and (b) there can be variations in appearance dependent on artificial or natural lighting. Therefore such differences and variations are not considered to be manufacturing defects and are not covered by this Warranty.
(xviii) Damage caused in whole or in part by: acts of God, site conditions, fault of architectural/engineering design, structural movement, acts of vandalism or accidents.
THE FOREGOING IS THE COMPLETE WARRANTY FOR CAESARSTONE AND SUPERCEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO CAESARSTONE. CAESARSTONE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN, INCLUDING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTY THAT MAY EXIST UNDER LOCAL LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.